Saturday 11 February 2012

Recipe of the Week/Month

Okay so this post is titled Recipe of the Week/Month which is pretty self explanatory, the reason I have both week/month in the title is because I am really not sure what I will be able to keep up with in the kitchen.  There are some weeks I try a lot of new recipes other weeks I don't try any at all.  This is my first new regular post!  Before working in admin I started studying hospitality which really just means I have some idea of how to cook, I am no kitchen bitch and I have thrown plenty of things out due to being crap!  I don't usually cook tea throughout the week because I go to the gym and get home too late, lucky for me my lovely fiance cooks tea or I have meals like this one that I have made earlier and frozen.  My new favourite recipe is Chicken and Cashews with Broccoli Stir-Fry.  I love stir-fries and I think they are usually pretty healthy plus you're getting plenty of veggies.  Put with some brown rice ;) this one is delish.  Enjoy.


Chicken and Cashews with Broccoli Stir-Fry


2 tablespoons vegetable oil
500g chicken breast, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small leek, thinly sliced (if you don't know how to cut a leek, I didn't but now I love leeks, watch this very awesome YouTube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm6XGDwjJQA)
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
250g broccoli, chopped
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
1/2cup (125ml) water
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews (I just realised I have been using raw cashews this whole time but they are still so yummy)

  1. Heat half the oil in wok (I use a big frying pan).
  2. Add chicken, stir-fry until tender, remove.
  3. Heat remaining oil in wok, add garlic, leek, carrot and broccoli, stir-fry until leek is soft.
  4. Add chicken and blended cornflour, stock powder and water, sauce and nuts, stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly.

Enjoy. 
Serves 4.


Okay so I don't blend the liquids I just put them all in a jug (sauce as well even though recipe doesn't say that) and mix with a spoon. The sauce is really mild and just nice with the other components, I am not a spicy sauce fan, this one is absolutely perfect for me.

1 comment: